By Jon Lockett, NEWYORK POST/THE SUN
Ice-cool skater Yura Min didn’t let a nightmare wardrobe malfunction ruin her Olympic debut Sunday.
The South Korean star’s skimpy red dress slipped just seconds into her short dance routine, threatening to reveal just a little too much to the millions watching around the world.
As she was spun around by partner Alexander Gamelin, she had to keep adjusting her red top to prevent showing off more than her medal ambitions.
At one point the top slipped just a little too far, but instead of panicking, Yura just carried on with her well-rehearsed routine.
Yura, who was competing in the figure-skating team event, was praised by commentators for recovering from the sartorial setback with so much style.
The skater, a dual citizen of South Korea and the United States, told the Detroit Free Press that the hook on her top came undone just seconds into her routine.
Yura managed to finish the routine with her outfit still in place — and with a big smile on her face.
She and Gamelin, who will compete together again at the individual pairs competition later this month, finished ninth out of 10 teams.
Canada’s Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, the reigning world champions, came in first with 80.51 points.
- Yonhap News – http://m.sports.naver.com/pc2018/news/read.nhn?oid=001&aid=0009880278
- Yahoo – https://sports.yahoo.com/wardrobe-malfunction-mars-routine-south-korean-ice-dancers-075040039.html
- Asahi Shinbun – https://www.asahi.com/sp/articles/ASL2C5F5RL2CUTQP03N.html?ref=yahoo
- New Zealand Herald – http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11992545
- Lebanon Daily News – https://www.ldnews.com/story/sports/olympics/2018/02/11/watch-wardrobe-malfunction-nearly-derails-south-korean-olympic-ice-dancing-performance/327458002/
- China- http://m.e23.cn/tiyu/2018-02-12/2018021200117.html
- England IB Times – http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/olympics-costume-malfunction-south-korean-figure-skater-defies-rink-disaster-1660530